4 - 6
20 - 25 minutes
Sometimes really unexpected things come out of short-lived relationships. This recipe is one of those surprises and my god it’s so good.
I could never have imagined that something as simple as a chicken stroganoff could be so overwhelmingly delicious. This Brazilian dish is best served with rice and potato chips. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can grate potatoes and deep fry for a quick minute to make it extra delicious.
This recipe makes 4 generous portions.
500g chicken thigh fillets (boned, skin off)
330ml of double cream
Tin of chopped tomatoes
1 green onion
3 cloves of garlic
Half a bunch of fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to season
Olive oil to cook
Rice and potato chips to serve.
You will need:
One, nice and large, non-stick pan
- 1 Generously, and I mean generously, season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with olive oil.
- 2 In a hot pan, cook the chicken one side at a time. it’s important that you wait until one side of the chicken is golden brown before turning it over. No need to have the meat cut up, cook it whole, and it will break down in the sauce.
- 3 Once the chicken is golden on each side, it does not need to be cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl.
- 4 Cut the onion in half and thinly slice. Thinly slice the garlic cloves. Put in the pan with a bit more oil if needed and slowly soften until translucent on a low heat.
- 5 Once translucent, add the sliced mushroom and soften for a few minutes.
- 6 Add the tin of tomatoes and re-add the chicken.
- 7 The chicken should start to fall apart as it cooks by simply flattening them to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- 8 Once the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is nice and hot, add the cream and any extra salt and pepper with about a half the parsley, roughly chopped.
- 9 Cook for a few more minutes, taste and season if required.
- 10 Serve with the remainder of the parsley, rice and potato chips.