10 - 15
5 - 10 minutes
Anyone else obsessed with Ben’s Cookies? At first I really wasn’t convinced but before I knew it I was hooked.
These are an adaptation of my favourite Ben’s Cookies flavour, ginger and dark chocolate, but use coconut flour.
I must admit I’ve had some coconut flour hanging around for a while and this is the first thing I’ve made that has been really successful.
120 grams of almond butter
20 ml of vegetable oil
110 grams of dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
65 grams of coconut flour
50g of chopped crystalised ginger, I used the fiery ginger from Whitworth’s.
100g of chopped dark chocolate. I used Lindt 80% cocoa.
You will need:
1 lined baking sheet.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan
- 2 Add the almond butter and oil to a bowl and blast in the microwave for 30 seconds or heat slowly in a pan until it has softened.
- 3 Add the sugar and eggs and mix together, a food processor makes this easier.
- 4 Add in all the other ingredients and stir well.
- 5 Portion the dough using a dessert spoon. I like the rustic look but you can flatten with the back of the spoon or your fingers
- 6 Place in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until the mixture is starting to darken and the edges are beginning to catch.
- 7 The cookies will be very moist at this point, allow to cool on the baking tray and then allow to fully cool on a wire rack before placing in a tin
- 8 Enjoy!