1 - 1
10 - 12 minutes
This carbonara recipe is pretty lazy. Unlike most carbonara recipes there is no cream and it uses the whole egg rather than just the yolk- because who likes waste anyway.
The recipe, to many, is bastardized as it adds a mushroom and truffle paste which, I absolutely adore. If you don’t have any, add truffle oil, and if you don’t have that simply leave it out.
40 grams of cooked spaghetti
50 grams of mushrooms
50g of chopped pancetta, or bacon lardons
1 clove of garlic
1 egg whisked
25g of grated parmesan
1 teaspoon of mushroom and truffle paste, or a splash of truffle oil (optional)
A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Fry the mushrooms, pancetta or lardons, and chopped garlic until cooked./li>
- 2 Mix the egg, cheese and paste in a bowl.
- 3 Cook the pasta, following the packet instructions, and drain.
- 4 Add everything to the pasta pot and mix, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 If it isn’t thickening enough, switch on the hob again to it’s lowest setting for a moment.
- 6 Dig in!